Whatcha lookin’ for?
- Follow AFRICAN AMERICAN POLISH PRINCESS on WordPress.com
It's Cloudy OutsideBlack History Celebrity Civil Rights DEATH Depression Derby Hurts Events Familia Front Page News History LIFE LIFE DEATH LOVE LOSS LOVE Lupus Lyrics Music Music Videos My Broken Ankle My Polish Family On This Day On This Day in History Photography Quote of the Day Quotes Race Relations Reality TV Roller Derby Slavery Uncategorized Work - Career
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
Posts by Category
- Adult toys
- American History
- Black History
- Book Passages
- Civil Rights
- Derby Hurts
- Front Page News
- History of Poland
- HIV and the Law
- HIV Positive
- Is This Normal
- isight pics
- Lady GaGa
- Letters from the past
- LIFE DEATH LOVE LOSS
- Movie Quotes
- Music Videos
- My Broken Ankle
- My Polish Family
- My Quirky Quotes
- On This Day
- On This Day in History
- Organized Labor
- Pretty Woman
- Quote of the Day
- Race Relations
- Reality TV
- Roller Derby
- Self Love
- Self Portraits
- Shocking (or not so much)
- Sybil series
- Throwback Thursdays
- Women I Admire
- Women's Rights
- Work – Career
- I just bought a Clearly Bunniez Ears from Dolls Kill dollskill.com/club-exx-clear… 6 days ago
- I just bought a Rockboxx Bag from Dolls Kill dollskill.com/current-mood-r… 1 week ago
- The best thing about @theelijahgraham going to U of T is that he really likes the school!!! I… instagram.com/p/BP_ynQxAYaZ/ 2 weeks ago
- Resting Witch Face... #killstar @ Lady Starlight's instagram.com/p/BPEAwzNgCAt/ 1 month ago
- I voted for On Location with Jack Maxwell in Vote for Travel Channel Hosts fw.to/uXMzG8h via @TravelChannel _ 1 month ago
Created by One Taste
- While You Were Offline: One Trump Press Conference to Rule Them All February 19, 2017A whole week's worth of news happened, but a 77-minute Trump press conference is all Twitter could talk about. The post While You Were Offline: One Trump Press Conference to Rule Them All appeared first on WIRED.
- Old-Guard Archivists Keep Federal Data Safer Than You Think February 19, 2017Long before Trump, open government and open data evangelists had been preserving all kinds of data collected and stored by the government. The post Old-Guard Archivists Keep Federal Data Safer Than You Think appeared first on WIRED.
- While You Were Offline: One Trump Press Conference to Rule Them All February 19, 2017
Ya know, I’ve never understood the term “I’m bored”. I’m always so consumed with something, be it
writing (haven’t been doing much of that lately), photography (all that I can think about much of the time), spending time with my family (love them so much), vintage-scoring, shopping, styling (pairing all those vintage pieces I scored with the new trendy pieces I cop from DollsKill, WetSeal and NastyGal), reading (scratch that, who has time to sit still and read? Not I; my nightstand is the transient home of a few books that I am in the middle of reading), skating (haven’t been skating because my frankenankle has been bothering me), housework, crafting (wig-making is my current craft obsession), taking care of two 65 lb. dogs, going to the gym, yoga… my mind is always on. In fact, I’m not very successful with my yoga practice because I can barely turn my mind off for the hour-long class…
What gives? Who are these people that are always bored? I wish I could be bored for just an hour. A couple of weeks ago I was at the car dealership getting my son’s car serviced and it was so awesome to just sit down and do nothing but flip through a magazine, but I still wasn’t bored. I didn’t feel like I was wasting my time sitting there for however many hours I may have sat. It was a welcome reprieve from the daily minutia of my “never bored, always on” existence.
Oh and social media? Fuggedaboutit! I haven’t been on IG in months, FB every few weeks to post pics only (I really dislike FB but EVERYONE is on there… UGH!) I’m almost nonexistent on Twitter. The only social media that I have actually updated has been my Tumblr and that’s because I don’t have to interact much on there. I just post something and bounce.
I’m actually surprised that I was able to get these few words out. Wow. I can go now… because, you know I have a ton of stuff to do… I mean, who’s going to not read that stack of books on my nightstand if not I?
I am so full.
I can’t cry. Yet, tears are welled up in my eyes.
There is a lump in my throat. My head is throbbing ever so softly.
Will crying even help?
There’s sure to be a migraine before the night is over. I need these tears to fall.
I am so full.
On Jan. 22, 1973, the Supreme Court overruled all state laws that prohibited or restricted a woman’s right to obtain an abortion during her first three months of pregnancy. The vote was 7 to 2.
In a historic resolution of a fiercely controversial issue, the Court drafted a new set of national guidelines that would result in broadly liberalized anti-abortion laws in 46 states but would not abolish restrictions altogether.
Read article in it’s entirety here: (Source)
On November 4, 2008, Barack Hussein Obama was elected the 44th president of the United States, sweeping away the last racial barrier in American politics with ease as the country chose him as it’s first black chief executive.
Read the article in it’s entirety here:
I know I’ve been missing in action for months now. I am exhausted! Life is kicking my ass. I just wanted to say a quick hello and let you know what I’ve been up to in as few words as possible.
As I already mentioned, I am exhausted. I’m suffering from extreme fatigue right now thanks to Lupus. I haven’t skated since June because, in addition to my fatigue, I have an issue with my sciatic nerve. I just started physical therapy again last week. Ugh.
I have been very selective in booking jobs because of the pain I’ve been experiencing. And as a direct result of having absolutely no energy, I am behind in post production. Just the thought of how many galleries I have yet to edit makes my head spin.
So, I will try to stop by everyone’s blogs as I find the time. I miss reading your musings. Hope all is well.
On May 19, 2012, I had my very first Roller Derby bout.
I also suffered a Trimalleolar fracture during that first Bout. You can read the post in its entirety here.
I just saw my surgeon on Thursday and he said that everything looks great: my X-ray, my ankle, me! Lol!